Golf Tournament Information and Registration
Please see the above image for information about our Golf Tournament. If you are interested, please register by no later than 12 noon this Monday, April 28. Please email your registration info to either Pack 93 Leadership or Joe Thomas. In this email, please include your:
- email address
- cell phone
If you have any questions, please email Joe Thomas.
Pack-filled next couple of months ahead!
Hello Pack 93 Scouts and Parents! We have a bunch of fun activities planned for these next couple of months! Please find an itemized list of activities planned with links to find out more details about each one:
- Service Project
- April 28 Pack Committee Meeting where we plan out next year
- Golf Tournament
- Scout Cards
- Cub Scout Day Camp
- Last Pack Meeting Monday, May 19
- Summer Activities
When: Saturday, April 26, 2014 from 10-4 (the time frame is subject to change)
Where: Oakmont Presbyterian Church
Info: Pack 93 is teaming up with Troop 93 to clean up the hiking trail found behind Oakmont Presbyterian Church. This trail was built by a fellow Troop 93 Eagle Scout. Tools needed will be loppers, a couple of chain saws, pole saws, weed eaters, machetes, etc… The Cub Scouts will team up with their fellow Boy Scouts in helping clear the trail (no, they will not be operating the power equipment – that is our parent’s responsibility). Lunch will be provided.
Pack Committee Meeting
When: Monday, April 28, 2014 from 6-9pm
Where: Oakmont Presbyterian Church
Info: Parents, please attend if you would like to have input into what the Pack Committee plans for the upcoming school year.
When: Sunday, May 4, 2014
Time: 9am shotgun start
Where: Robert Trent Jones Oxmoor Valley
Info: Pack 93 is having their annual golf tournament again this year. This will be a special tourney as we will be remembering a fellow Scout’s dad who passed away several months ago. This family was greatly involved in the both the Pack and Troop. Please see the image and information at the top of the page for more info.
- Scout Cards cost $5 each.
- Earn $1.50 towards your Scout’s Cub Scout Day Camp fee for each card sold.
- Pack 93 earns $1.50 to be used towards campouts and activities for each card sold.
- Bring money/unsold cards to Pack 93 meetings and pick up more cards.
- Sell 10 cards to register for a weekly camp scholarship drawing (last turn in day to enter will be Monday, April 14).
- Unsold cards must be returned in original condition by Monday, May 5 to tabulate credit towards camp.
- Questions? Contact Rosa Hill.
- We are working on setting up two (2) Show & Sells (much like how we sold the popcorn at two local businesses). Stay tuned for further details!
Cub Scout Day Camp
When: June 16 – June 20, 2014
Where: Oak Mountain State Park
Cost: $75 if registered on or before May 19 ($100 if registered after May 19! No walk-ins will be allowed during the week of camp!)
Info: Our Mad Scientist is busy cooking up summer fun for our Vulcan District Cub Scouts. This year’s Vulcan District Day Camp will be bubbling over with excitement and activities like archery, BB guns, water activities, crafts and more!
- The Parent to Scout ratio is 1 to 4.
- If your Scout attends Day Camp, then the parent needs to work one of those 5 days of camp.
- If the parent works all 5 days, then there will be a $30 discount to the registration fee.
Last Pack Meeting on Monday, May 19
When: Monday, May 19
Where: Oakmont Presbyterian Church Sanctuary
The last Pack Meeting of the year will be on Monday, May 19. This is the last chance that your Scout will have to achieve their rank advancement (i.e. Tiger, Wolf, Bear). Please email the Advancements Chair your Scout’s Awards (i.e. rank advancement, belt loops, pins, patches, etc…) by no later than Thursday, May 8th.
We will be handing out awards and the boys will be moving up to their next rank by receiving their new book, neckerchief, and slides! You may order your Scout’s book, neckerchief, and slide through the Pack for $30. Orders and money are due by Monday, May 12th. If you choose to purchase your own items, they need to be turned into Rosa Hill by Monday, May 12th to prepare for the ceremony.
***Also, if you have taken any pictures of the various Scouting activities for this school year, could you please email them to Kelly Rice so that she can put them into our finale slide presentation for this last Pack Meeting!
The Pack Committee has planned a lot of fun and exciting activities for the summer months! Here’s what’s in store for your Scout this summer (as we obtain more information about each one, we’ll update this page and also send out an email, so please stay tuned!):
- Scout Field Day: June 1
- Cub Scout Day Camp: June 16-20
- Dismal Canyon: July 12
- Space Center: July 26
- Pool Party: August 4
Subscribe to our mailing list